Your Materials For My Professional Services
Where do you start?
You can start by gathering together the materials and information that will be used in your new website. This can be a a labor intensive process but it is very important in creating an effective, informational website.
- Determine the number and titles of your pages. You will have a home page, and your other pages might be “About”, “Products”, “Services”, “Contact”, “FAQ”, etc.
- Decide what graphics/photos you would like on your site and which pages your want them on.
- Compose and format the text to be on each page of site.
- Do some research on the Internet:
Using Google and other search engines, do a number of searches using keywords that you think are best for a site like yours. Make note of the sites that come up in the top 2 or 3 positions. This will give us important knowledge for the layout and content of your site, and help to design effective meta tags and keyword content.
Look at Websites that are offer similar products or services. Make a list of at least 3 websites that you like, and tell me what it is you like about them. If you come across websites that you donâ€™t like, tell me which ones, and what it is about them that you donâ€™t like.
How do you send these materials?
Email remains the fastest method of transferring your electronic materials. Please send them to my email address or use the Contact form provided. You may also mail any materials to me. Just email me after we get started and I will provide you with a mailing address.
Please provide me with some idea of what you would like to see in your website design:
- An idea of the look that you like, i.e. Elegant, Rustic, Clean, Modern, Humorous, etc.
- Color(s) scheme(s) you would like for the site.
- Good quality photos. you supply either by sending the photos themselves for us to scan and return, or by attaching the digitized images in an email. Your home page may need at least one large image and possibly another small image within the text. Please send us all of the images that you have so that we can choose the best image(s) for the design. We will return all of your prints, logos, or other materials you furnish us.
- Photos from copyrighted materials cannot be used without permission.
- Digital photos are great. Please submit images as large as you have in .jpg, .gif, .bmp, .psd, or .tif formats.
- Images from magazines, brochures, and other print materials are really not suitable. Please send us originals.
- Please send your existing logo in digital format, or if you donâ€™t have a logo, and want me to create a simple one for you utilizing your name, give me some ideas of design and color(s).
The following information may be supplied later but will be required at some point:
- Text for home page of website and all other pages. The best way is to include it in an email.
- Sorry, no extensive Flash, interactive video, music, extensive slide shows or other animation without further charges.
- NOTE: There will be an optional small image and links (similar to the image and type below) at the bottom of your page which states: â€œMaintained by TwoLaneDesign.comâ€
This link must remain on the site as long as we host and maintain the site. Should you chose to leave Two Lane Design, and move your site to a different host, you are free to remove this image and link.